|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
Export your phone contacts as address book file for your Opera desktop client. This little helper creates a "contacts.adr" file on your device, containing your contacts in the format of Opera Mail contacts. You can send the file to your PC using Dropbox or other services.
This app is useful for you if you...
- manage your contacts on your Android device (local or synchronized with any server)
- use the Opera desktop browser including Opera Mail
- (optional) have a Dropbox, which makes it much easier to send the file to Opera
Change the location of the file in your Opera settings to point to a shared directory (Dropbox, Bluetooth download). Open "opera:config" in a new tab and search for "AddressFile". After changing this setting, restart Opera. Whenever you export your contacts again, you should first close Opera, then send the result file to your PC and last start Opera again.
Data that will be exported per contact:
- all e-mail addresses
- first website url
- first phone number
- first fax number
- first postal address
- short name, if any nickname is available
- any descriptions and memos (HTC XML-data excluded)
- birthday as memo
- the contact photo (Base64 encoded)
- reject contacts, that have no e-mail address
- reject contacts, that have no name
- put rejected contacts to the Opera trash folder
- export photos (none, up to 5/10/50 kB, all)
This is a one-way tool. Your Android contacts will not be synchronized with Opera. Therefore you should not manage your contacts in Opera. Instead, make changes on your smartphone or tablet and export the complete address book again. (Though this might not fit anyones needs, your data is much safer. C2O does not write to the contacts database on your Android device.)
The current version is confirmed to work with the following devices:
- HTC Wildfire
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N
Please consider to leave a comment, if it works on your device too. Any other comments and bug reports are appreciated. Thank you!.