By: Sukhpreet Singh
|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
## New Features Added ##
(1) Fullscreen mode added. (See the top toolbar)
(2) Night mode feature added. (See the Bottom toolbar)
Guru Granth Sahib is the religious scripture of Sikhism, regarded by Sikhs as the final, sovereign, and eternal living Guru following the lineage of the ten human Gurus of the Sikh religion. Adi Granth, the first rendition, was compiled by the fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan. Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru, added one salok, dohra mahala 9 ang, 1429 and all 115 hymns of Guru Tegh Bahadur.
This second rendition came to be known as Sri Guru Granth Sahib. The text consists of 1430 angs (pages) and 6,000 shabads (line compositions), which are poetically rendered and set to a rhythmic ancient north Indian classical form of music.
The bulk of the scripture is divided into thirty-one ragas, with each Granth raga subdivided according to length and author. The hymns in the scripture are arranged primarily by the ragas in which they are read. The Guru Granth Sahib is written in the Gurmukhi script, in various languages, including Lahnda (Western Punjabi), Braj Bhasha, Khariboli, Sanskrit, Sindhi, and Persian. Copies in these languages often have the generic title of Sant Bhasha.
Guru Granth Sahib was composed by seven Sikh Gurus:
Guru Nanak Dev,
Guru Angad Dev,
Guru Amar Das,
Guru Ram Das,
Guru Arjan Dev,
Guru Hargobind and
Guru Tegh Bahadur.
Guru Gobind Singh added 1 sloakh in mahala 9 Ang 1429.
It also contains the traditions and teachings of Indian sants (saints), such as
Namdev among others,
and two Muslim Sufi saints
Bhagat Bhikan and
The vision in the Guru Granth Sahib is of a society based on divine justice without oppression of any kind.
Key Features of the app:
1) This app is developed using latest android meterial design.
2) User can read Guru Granth Sahib by Ang (page) number.
3) User can read meaning of the path on every Ang (page).
4) User can change the text size (i.e. increase or decrease) within app.
5) User can select app language from Gurmukhi (Punjabi) Hindi and English.
6) User can share this app with friends and family.
7) Themes: User can change theme.
8) User can use Go option to quickly go to any Ang (page).
The design of app is very simple.
We hope you will like our app.
Please rate us and if you have any feedback or suggestion, you can contact us via email: [email protected]