By: MoopMobility BV
|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
Do you use public transport in Amsterdam? If so, you can use the GVB app to quickly see the departure times for trams, day and night buses, metros, and ferries. See your travel route and what time you will reach your destination and whether there are scheduled diversions or current disruptions on your route.
If you input your favorite route(s) and stop(s) and then something happens that affects your routes or stops, you will receive an alert notification. In Dutch, this is called a “Seintje”.
If you have location detection enabled, you always know what routes and stops are located near you and the associated current departure times.
Why do passengers use the GVB app?
• You can quickly plan your journey starting at your current location, or an address you specify, to a destination in the Netherlands. You can save your journey, stop, and route in your favorites list.
• You select what means of transport you want to use or not use (tram, bus, metro, or train).
• You can look up departure times by the route number of the name of a stop. Or, you can click a stop on the map.
• You can see in real time where your tram, bus, or metro is located.
• You can see scheduled diversions and current disruptions.
• The app provides you access to GVB services.
• You can see the current weather forecast.
• You can also see the difference in kilos of CO2 emissions between traveling using an average car and your planned route using public transport..