|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
"Muntii Nostri" brings nostalgia to the fans of the collection published by Sport-Tourism publishing house between 1974 and 1992. It is a modern travel guide, created using the latest mapping techniques and updated content.
Over the years, the use of Muntii Nostri application has proven its effectiveness and potential to save lives in critical situations up on the mountains, through its content and features:
• each trail comes with clear directions, a description and (where appropriate) observations about seasonality, sections where directions might be unclear due to trail markings that are scarce or barely visible, information about water sources, etc.
• all trails have useful technical details (difficulty, length, total ascent, total descent, duration, maximum elevation, etc.) and a graph.
• each mountain region contains a list of approved trails to the date when the map was published, all based on GPS tracks.
The current version of Muntii Nostri application has an approach that is even closer to the needs of the community:
• the user can download maps and trails, including mountain groups and regions (counties) for offline use.
• each trail comes with points of interest (and reference points), a detailed description of the tourist attractions in the area (where applicable).
• the user can select filter values such as trail type (hiking, cycling and so on), region (county), or the mountain area where the trails are located, trail characteristics (difficulty, duration, distance, total ascent) or together with the trails downloaded on the phone.
• the language depends on the operating system (Romanian or English).
• once the GPS is activated, the trail list is displayed according to the filtered items, comprising the trails closest to the user's location.
• the user can share the trail link on social networks, mail platforms, in personal notes, or directly via text messages.
• the application uses vector layers displaying detailed maps with GPS-based targets for a more effective guidance.
• with a click on the map, details about elevation, positioning accuracy and speed are presented.
• each trail comes with weather information from the nearest town..