By: Engineering Apps
|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
The app is a complete free handbook of SwitchGear and Protection which covers important topics, notes, materials, news & blogs on the course. Download the App as a reference material & digital book for electrical engineering programs & degree courses.
This useful App lists 152 topics with detailed notes, diagrams, equations, formulas & course material, the topics are listed in 9 chapters. The app is must have for all the engineering science students & professionals.
The app provides quick revision and reference to the important topics like a detailed flash card notes, it makes it easy & useful for the student or a professional to cover the course syllabus quickly before an exams or interview for jobs.
Track your learning, set reminders, edit the study material, add favourite topics, share the topics on social media.
Use this useful engineering app as your tutorial, digital book, a reference guide for syllabus, course material, project work, sharing your views on the blog.
Some of the topics Covered in the app are:
1. Functions of Protective Relaying
2. Protective zones
3. Primary and Backup Protection
4. Concept of Backup Relaying
5. Methods of Backup Protection
6. Nature and Causes of Faults
7. Fault Current Calculation using Symmetrical Components
8. Qualities of Protective Relaying - Reliability & Selectivity and Discrimination
9. Qualities of Protective Relaying - Speed and time & Sensitivity
10. Qualities of Protective Relaying - Stability, Adequateness & simplicity and economy
11. Classification of Protective Relays
12. Terminologies used in Protective Relaying
13. Instrument Transformers
14. Tripping Schemes In Circuit Breaker -Relay with Make Type Contact
15. Working Principle of Current Transformers
16. Construction of Wound type Current Transformers
17. Construction of Bar Type Current Transformers
18. Construction of potential transformers
19. Comparison of Current Transformer and Power Transformer
20. Errors in the Instrument Transformer - Ratio Error
21. Errors in the Instrument Transformer - Phase Angle Error
22. Reduction of Ratio and Phase Angle Errors
23. Advantages and Disadvantages of Instrument Transformers
24. Introduction to Electromagnetic Relays
25. Tripping Schemes In Circuit Breaker - Relay with Break type contact
26. Electromagnetic Attraction Relays - Attracted Armature Type Relay
27. Electromagnetic Attraction Relays - Solenoid and plunger type relay
28. Operating Principle of Electromagnetic Attraction Relays
29. Advantages, disadvantages and application of Electromagnetic Relays
30. Directional Power Relay
31. Directional Induction Type Overcurrent Relay
32. Operation of Directional Induction Type Overcurrent Relay
33. Directional Characteristics of Induction Type Overcurrent Relay
34. Introduction to Differential Relays
35. Current differential relay
36. Percentage Differential Relay
37. Voltage Balance Differential Relay
38. Busbar Protection, Faults & Difficulties
39. Frame Leakage Protection of Busbar
40. Circulating Current Protection of Busbar
41. High Impedance Differential Protection of Busbar
42. Thermal Relays
43. Basic Elements of a Static Relay
44. Measuring element in a static Relay
45. Comparison of Static and Electromagnetic Relays & Advantage of Static Relays
46. Limitations & Semiconductor Devices used in Static Relays
Each topic is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations for better learning and quick understanding.
SwitchGear and Protection is part of electrical engineering education courses and technology degree programs of various universities..