Sonid is a music education app that allows you to learn music theory in a fun and orderly manner.
It is different compared to other applications because it focuses on a single subject at a time. This approach will make your understanding of music expand more naturally and gives you the time to adapt to the new material. Complete Sonid and become a more refined musician.
Sonid is made for beginners and more advanced musicians that would like to broaden their musical horizon.
- Learn about a musical subject: a natural note, the perfect prime interval, the ionian major scale, a major seventh chord and many more.
- Answer questions about the subject you just learned about.
- Exercise a variety of topics. About notes, intervals, chords, scales and progressions. Change the difficulty of the questions you get: easy, intermediate, hard, expert or customized questions about topics you’ve learned.
- Unlock new modules to continue and expand your musical knowledge.
- Complete classes and lessons and earn experience points to buy badges and compete with your friends.
- Lookup detailed information about a musical term from anywhere inside the app.
- Display the notes from any scale/chord or interval in the playground.
- Get help at the in-app forum.
What can you learn?
For now Sonid focuses on harmony within music theory and ear-training. This means that when you complete all classes you will know how to:
- Build and play any existing scale, from major to minor and from lydian to mixolydian.
- Recognize keys and progressions within a key.
- You can read any chord symbol and understand which notes and intervals are in it and which scale it uses, like: Dmaj7#11 or G13.
- Recognize intervals, chords, scales and progressions by ear. (only if selected ear-training)
Why would you learn music theory?
- Help your ears to play the right note or chord by understanding which progressions are in a certain key. Or which scale is to be played at a given moment in your song.
- Make your playing sound unique by using different versions of chords, or replace them altogether to give a change of colour in your voicings.
- Composing new melodies and chord progressions will never feel the same after completing the music theory lessons. Explore new realms of music harmonies and take your listeners on a fantastical journey.
- Let your fellow musicians know what you expect from them using the correct terminology creating an open and creative environment to let your songs grow more naturally.
- Find the right notes at the right time. Play your solo with passion and rejoice.
Subscribe to Sonid Plus for even more content.
- Unlock exercises about various topics combined into tests. Like practicing a selection of easy intervals, or hard chords. Practice topics you've learned and continue on single topics you've completed.
- See statitics with the errors you've made giving you more insight in what you need to practice.
- Learn music theory without distractions from advertisements.
Report a bug:
Please report any bug or other feedback through the Play Store app comments or send a mail to [email protected]
Icons made by icons8.com.