|Variant||Architecture||Minimum Version||Screen DPI|
Important: SBB Preview is the preview version of the SBB Mobile app. We are using SBB Preview to test new and innovative functions and features which we want to include in the SBB Mobile app in future.
The basic functions for timetable enquiries — and for ticket purchases — for journeys anywhere in Switzerland are the same in SBB Preview as in SBB Mobile. We’ve kept the Preview app in grey to make it easier to distinguish.
The following function is currently being exclusively tested on the SBB Preview app and constantly updated before it is launched on SBB Mobile:
EasyRide – SBB automatic ticketing.
• Check in, hop on and set off.
• EasyRide will charge you for the correct ticket based on the route you have travelled.
You also benefit from the following functions with SBB Preview as with SBB Mobile:
Touch timetable – the most personal type of timetable enquiry.
• Simply swipe to connect your departure and arrival points on the touch timetable for the timetable enquiry that you need.
Buying tickets with greater ease and speed.
• Buy your ticket for anywhere in Switzerland in just two clicks. Your travelcards on your SwissPass are applied.
• Enjoy travel at particularly low prices with supersaver tickets and Saver Day Passes.
Your digital travel companion that also helps with transfers.
• When you buy a ticket, the relevant journey is stored on the homepage.
• Even if you aren’t buying a ticket, you can save a journey manually to get notifications.
• During your journey, you will be updated with information about delays and transfer times.
SwissPass Mobile: Display your public transport travelcards digitally.
• Then simply show any of your public transport travelcards (GA travelcards, Half-Fare travelcards, Track 7 and regional travelcards) on your SwissPass.
• When it comes to the ticket inspection, just open SBB Preview and show the SwissPass Mobile screen to the ticket inspector.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us:
Data security and authorisations.
What permissions does SBB Preview need and why?
For connections from your current location, the GPS function must be activated so that SBB Preview can find the nearest stop. This also applies if you want to have the nearest stop displayed in the timetable.
Calendar and e-mail:
You can save connections in your own calendar and send them by e-mail (to friends, an external calendar). SBB Preview requires read and write permissions to be able to import your desired connection into the calendar.
Access to the camera:
In order to take photos for the personalised touch timetable in SBB Preview itself, the app requires access to your camera. You will be asked for permission under the menu item “hardware controls Android camera”.
SBB Preview requires Internet access to timetable information and Ticket Shop data so that the app can answer your enquiries.
To support offline functions, e.g. station/stop list, connections (route info) and ticket purchasing, SBB Preview requires access to your device’s memory (saving app-specific settings)..